Standard chartered bank happens to be one of the leading word-class banks in the world. The bank has been with quite a lot of recognition from every continent in the world plus thousands of awards. They have always been one of the best even in Europe, Asia, and other continents. In this post. you will be learning about how to create a standard chartered mobile banking account in Nigeria or any other country in the world as long as the mobile banking is available in your country.
What is Standard Chartered Mobile Banking?
This is a digital banking app developed by one of the leading banks in the world “Standard Chartered” to make it possible to register and carry out all banking and financial transactions right from the app without having to visit the physical bank.
The world has been developing greatly day-to-day and new things and ideas keep coming up every day on various ways to do things in a more convenient way. One of the things we do every day is making financial transactions. Every day, we have to pay for one service or the other, good or the other and so, therefore, we need things that can make all these to be accomplished even much easier.
The idea of banking came in, although it just wasn’t enough when the internet came in and people had to do things even way much easier. Just then, digital banking came in, and this allowed people to carry out virtual transactions.
That hasn’t just reached the maximum limits as for the new introduction of the great tech innovation which now allows people to create, operate, and manage all their banking activities without stepping out of their door. Sounds cool right? Yes, it does, and that’s just the mini definition of just what Standard Chartered mobile banking is. The innovation comes with quite a lot of features some of which I will be discussing now.
What Are The Features On Standard Chartered Mobile Banking App?
There are quite a lot of benefits attached to registering an account on the standard chartered app and some of these benefits are;
- Online Account Opening – With the app, it is quite possible for you to open and upgrade your bank account and start making use of it without any issues just like any other one you open using the physical bank.
Credit/Debit Card Issuance – You can request a credit/debit card directly from the app and it will be delivered to you at your location anywhere in Nigeria at a zero cost, and which does not require you to get to the bank.
Money Transfer and Receival – With the account created on the app, you can send money to people either using standard chartered in Nigeria and other countries, to any other bank account in Nigeria or for the payment of bills online. You will also be given an account number with which you will be able to receive money from all banks in Nigeria or other standard chartered accounts worldwide.
- QR PAY – Standard Chartered Mobile banking account also allows you to pay online or offline through the QR payment method using the QR code scanner which has been integrated into the app.
Read Also: DStv Self Service Nigeria
What Are The Registration Requirements?
To Sign up for standard chartered mobile banking, here are the requirements;
- BVN (Bank Verification Number).
- An email address and phone number.
- A valid ID card eg. voter’s card, national ID card, international passport, and a national driver’s license, etc. (optional)
How Can I Sign Up For Standard Chartered Mobile Banking App Account?
To register a bank account with standard chartered, here are the steps to follow;
- Install their mobile banking app on the Google Play Store or Apple app store.
- Launch the app and click the “Open Account” button.
- Begin with your registration by entering your BVN (Bank Verification Number) in the provided field and click the “Next” button.
- Enter the 6-digits OTP (One-time passcode) sent to your Mobile Number and proceed.
- Update your contact details (where required) and share some more information about yourself as requested in each field.
- The next step which happens to be an optional one is for you to take your selfie photo, upload your valid ID card. and Signature.
- Review the details you have provided and make sure they are all correct, accept the Terms and Conditions, and then click the “Next” button.
- You will now have to wait for a while for your account to be created.
- Once the account has been created, you will be automatically redirected to a page where your account number and other details about you will be displayed.
Note: In the case where the account number is not displayed immediately on the screen, temporary registration details will be sent to your Email Address and mobile number after a while. You might also be contacted by a staff of the bank.
- From your dashboard there, you can now carry out all kinds of transactions you want to by following the guides which have already been provided for every activity.
Read Also: Chipper cash app review
Final Conclusions on Standard Chartered App Review
Standard Chartered has been in existence since and is still counting so when it comes to mentioning the top safest and best digital banking service in the world, they are one to look up to. Register a mobile banking account with the standard chartered banking app and start enjoying a 24/7 non-stop banking experience.
Have any questions, please drop them in the comments section below.